The Eden Health District has taken a leadership role in regional healthcare planning to ensure that the residents of the District continue to have access to quality medical services. The District has the opportunity to work on a regional planning effort to ensure continuity and accessibility to a wide range of health services in central Alameda County. The District’s goal is to bring a long-term commitment to residents of the District in San Leandro, San Lorenzo, Castro Valley, Hayward and surrounding communities.
In August, 2016 the Board of Directors formally adopted a revised strategic plan for the next five years for Eden Health District.
The District’s 2016 Strategic Plan highlights the priorities in which it will carry its mission forward by:
- Provide health education programs promoting health and wellness among adults and children; continue to work collaboratively with community organizations and government agencies as “Partners in Health” in providing the above programs;
- Provide monetary grants through the Community Health Fund to non-profit health care programs specifically focused on services for vulnerable populations of the District;
- Provide direct health/wellness services as deemed necessary or lacking within the communities we serve, such as urgent care, dental, mental, and senior services;
- Continue to increase awareness of the District’s purpose and value to the communities we serve through effective communication initiatives;
- Continue to maintain investment properties that serve a medical or health purpose or provide revenue toward that end;
- Continue to remain financially sound, managing business operations ethically and conservatively minimizing any risk to the viability of the District.
The District’s 2016 Strategic Plan can be found here.